The average tax refund from Revenue is €850
We have set out below a simple checklist for PAYE Earners
If you think you may be due a refund we can help you!
Always examine your tax credit cert and P60 to check your credits
At a minimum, you should be receiving €1,650 personal credit and €1,650 employee tax credit.
We reviewed a new client’s credits recently and discovered that they had been receiving the wrong personal tax credit since the mid 2000’s. We could process a refund for the last 4 tax years, but the client lost out on what they were due for prior years.
Check if you are entitled to any of the following credits
- Home carers
- Flat rate expense allowance
- Age tax credit for 65 and over
- Incapacitated child credit
- One parent family credit
Other tax claims and reliefs to be aware of
- Medical expenses
- Nursing home costs
- Housekeeper allowance
- Payments to pension schemes
- Third level tuition fees
- Fees for training courses
- Permanent health insurance payments
- Dental insurance payments